Major concrete reconstruction on I-215 in western Salt Lake County began May 3, 2016 and was completed in November 2017. Crews removed the existing pavement from 4700 South to S.R. 201 and installed new, long-lasting concrete, providing a smoother ride for drivers.
- Replaced the bridges at S.R. 201
- Widened the bridges at 3800 South and 3500 South
- Improved ramps at 4700 South and 3500 South
- Added new lanes between interchanges
- Upgraded signs and lighting
- Installed ramp meters at 3500 South and 4700 South
The existing asphalt on westbound I-215 from 300 East to Redwood Road was also removed as part of this project, and was replaced with new asphalt pavement.