Construction Activities: Wednesday, December 14 – Friday, December 23, 2016*
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.
I-215; one mile north and south of the 6200 South (Exit 6)
- Crews will begin striping the southbound lanes of I-215 as early as Sunday, December 18 and are expected to continue through late next week.
- The southbound traffic will be restricted to one lane as early as Sunday, December 18 at 8 A.M. and are expected to continue through 6 P.M. that same evening.
- Once those lanes have re-opened, the southbound lanes will then be restricted to two lanes as early as Sunday, December 18 at 6 P.M. and are expected to continue through Monday, December 19 at 8 A.M.
- Speeds have been reduced in this area. Please follow the posted speed limit as fines double for speeding in the construction zone.
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead, and be alert when traveling through the construction zone.
Southbound/westbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit and northbound/eastbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit (Exit 6)
- Crews have completed the northbound on and off ramps that are now open and fully accessible to motorists.
- The southbound off ramp is currently in a temporary configuration. Please use caution and be alert when exiting I-215.
- The southbound on ramp is currently reduced to one lane and expected to continue through December 23
- For information on the barrier installation taking place along this project corridor, please click here
- Crews will begin permanent striping as early as Sunday, December 18 and continue through December 23.
* They will begin with the southbound lanes and continue to the northbound lanes.
UDOT has performed maintenance on six bridges on I-215 near Knudsen Corner in Cottonwood Heights/Holladay as well as the 700 East bridge over I-215 in Midvale. Construction began mid-August and is expected to continue through early December 2016.*
This project will preserve Utah’s bridge infrastructure by applying cost effective treatments before major rehabilitation is required.
Project improvements include:
- Improvement of the northbound and southbound on and off ramps at I-215 and 6200 South (Exit 6)
- Maintenance performed on the 700 East bridge over I-215
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over Tolcate Lane
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over 6200 South
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over Holladay Blvd.
- Maintenance performed on the bridge located on Wasatch Blvd. just north of Big Cottonwood Canyon Road