Construction Activities: Wednesday, December 14 – Friday, December 23, 2016*
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.
I-215; one mile north and south of the 6200 South (Exit 6)
- Crews will begin striping the southbound lanes of I-215 as early as Sunday, December 18 and are expected to continue through late next week.
- The southbound traffic will be restricted to one lane as early as Sunday, December 18 at 8 A.M. and are expected to continue through 6 P.M. that same evening.
- Once those lanes have re-opened, the southbound lanes will then be restricted to two lanes as early as Sunday, December 18 at 6 P.M. and are expected to continue through Monday, December 19 at 8 A.M.
- Speeds have been reduced in this area. Please follow the posted speed limit as fines double for speeding in the construction zone.
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead, and be alert when traveling through the construction zone.
Southbound/westbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit and northbound/eastbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit (Exit 6)
Crews have completed the northbound on and off ramps that are now open and fully accessible to motorists.
- The southbound off ramp is currently in a temporary configuration. Please use caution and be alert when exiting I-215.
- The southbound on ramp is currently reduced to one lane and expected to continue through December 23
- For information on the barrier installation taking place along this project corridor, please click here
Crews will begin permanent striping as early as Sunday, December 18 and continue through December 23. * They will begin with the southbound lanes and continue to the northbound lanes.
UDOT has performed maintenance on six bridges on I-215 near Knudsen Corner in Cottonwood Heights/Holladay as well as the 700 East bridge over I-215 in Midvale. Construction began mid-August and is expected to continue through early December 2016.*
This project will preserve Utah's bridge infrastructure by applying cost effective treatments before major rehabilitation is required.
Project improvements include:
Improvement of the northbound and southbound on and off ramps at I-215 and 6200 South (Exit 6)
- Maintenance performed on the 700 East bridge over I-215
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over Tolcate Lane
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over 6200 South
- Maintenance performed on I-215 bridge over Holladay Blvd.
- Maintenance performed on the bridge located on Wasatch Blvd. just north of Big Cottonwood Canyon Road
For more details on this and other construction projects along I-215, visit udot.utah.gov/215renewed.For the latest traffic alerts, download the UDOT Traffic app for smartphones or visitudottraffic.utah.gov.