KEEP YOUR RIDE WORKING LIKE A WELL-OILED MACHINE
Your truck is your livelihood, so keeping it functioning in peak performance takes time and effort. If you let scheduled maintenance slip it will cost you and your company, as well as putting other drivers' lives in danger.
Inspections are meant to help keep you and the public safe on Utah's roads. There are six levels of inspections in the U.S.:
- Level I: North American Standard Inspections
- Level II: Walk-Around Driver/Vehicle Inspection
- Level III: Driver-Only Inspection
- Level IV: Special Inspections
- Level V: Vehicle Inspection
- Level VI: Enhanced NAS Inspection for Radioactive Shipments
There are 26 steps in a standard Level I inspection. For more information about each step, visit the Utah Trucking Guide on the Motor Carrier section of the UDOT website, udot.utah.gov or visit the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance website at cvsa.org.