Tired of construction? TravelWise to make it through.
I-15 CORE construction is scheduled to wrap up at the end of 2012. If you’re driving through construction every day, that probably feels like a long way off. But, hope is not lost! You can reduce your delays by trying some of the TravelWise strategies below.
- Adjust your work schedule (just a little!): The busiest traffic time in the I-15 CORE construction area is 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. By simply adjusting the time you travel to and from work by a mere half-hour, you may be able to cut down your delays drastically.
- Shift travel times: It may seem like all the traffic on the road at 9 a.m. or 5 p.m. is commuters heading to work, but that’s not true! Most drivers at that time of day are running other errands—many of which could be done at a different time. Plan your day to avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours and you’ll avoid the heaviest delays.
- Vanpool, carpool: If you have to drive on the freeway during busy times, consider starting a carpool or vanpool. You can save money, reduce emissions and take cars off the road. Learn more about vanpools or even find a carpool partner at UTArideshare.com.
- Telecommute: You may be able to avoid the traffic headache altogether by working from home one or more days per week. Check with your employer to see if there are opportunities to work remotely.
- Other TravelWise strategies: Learn about other ways to reduce delays and cut down on miles at travelwise.utah.gov.
For Employers: Developing a TravelWise Construction Plan
Your business can plan ahead for I-15 CORE construction and create a successful TravelWise plan by following these steps:
- Identify a TravelWise coordinator or implementation taskforce to oversee the program.
- Conduct a participant survey (provided by the TravelWise team) among your employees to determine interest.
- Design your program to fit best with participant interests. To get started, visit www.travelwise.utah.gov or click on the brochures below.
- Promote your TravelWise program through newsletters, emails, on a website, etc.
- Track participation and effectiveness of the program through a mid-way survey. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Contact us with any questions or concerns along the way.
Visit www.travelwise.utah.gov to learn more about how to implement TravelWise strategies at your workplace, or download the fact sheets below for more information about the TravelWise program.
Vanpool and Carpool
Shift Travel Times