The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
- Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m.
Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
- Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
• As early as the night of May 27, crews expect to shift traffic on Parrish Lane near the bridge over I-15 to the south side to allow for continued construction activities on the new pedestrian bridge.
400 North/500 West
• In early to mid-June, work is expected to begin to add dedicated right turn lanes on the south side of the 400 North/500 West intersection. This will improve traffic flow in the area by adding a dedicated right turn lane for eastbound 400 North to southbound 500 West and from northbound 500 West to eastbound 400 North. This work is being done in conjunction with the 400 North Bridge closure to reduce the duration of impact to area motorists.
• The 500 South/500 West intersection is expected to be paved and completed in early June.
• Crews are installing curb, gutter, medians, barrier, islands, signage and signals for the new interchange under I-15 which is expected to be complete in June.
• The 500 South interchange in Bountiful will function very much like the Pioneer Crossing Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) in American Fork, except that the DDI in Bountiful will be under I-15. This short animation details the final configuration of the 500 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate it. Visit the 500 South Page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
• As early as May 26 through the end of May, crews plan to set girders and perform other work items on the final section of the I-15 Bridge over 2600 South. Expect one-way flagging and lane restrictions on 2600 South nightly. Use 500 South as an alternate route.
• The new 2600 South southbound off-ramp is now open. Motorists will experience a new curve in the off-ramp, a new signalized intersection at the end of the ramp at 800 West, and a new intersection at 800 West and 2600 South. Please be aware of this change and be prepared to stop in a new location. This design movs the ramp traffic further west, allowing room for more vehicle storage and better traffic flow through the interchange. Click here to see the new soutbhound off-ramp configuration
• This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
•The 1500 South bridge is nearing completion. Crews are completing final structure work and will be completing final activities including drainage, curb and gutter, painting, sign installation and other activities through early June.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change.
• Expect nightly lane closures on I-15 through summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Median continues on I-15 between Glovers Lane and State Street through May. Expect an increase in construction activity and truck traffic during the day and at night.
• Nightly through May, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on I-15 between Farmington and I-215 from midnight to 3:00 a.m. while crews install overheard signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division. 801-965-4892
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
The 400 North Bridge has been removed and crews are beginning construction on the ground supports. 400 North will remain closed at I-15 until project completion this summer. The new bridge will have improved sidewalk, wider shoulders, and higher barrier. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
• During construction, the 400 North on- and off- ramps will remain open during the day. Expect intermittent nighttime ramp closures. Alternate Routes
• Expect additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-15 near 400 North for bridge construction beginning in mid-April.
• Area residents can expect additional nighttime noise through early May and then during the day through mid-May while crews install ground support piles.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays and Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel time. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. Frontrunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
• The City of North Salt Lake has begun realigning Overland Drive from 900 North to 1100 North this spring. For more information contact 801-335-8730