W.W. Clyde Co. has been selected as the Design-Build team. Design and construction are currently underway.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
Upcoming Construction Activities
- Expect multiple lane closures on I-15 at night in both directions through October. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with I-15 restricted to one lane in each direction by midnight. These lane closures will be implemented for the bullet points below and other activities including asphalt removal and replacement, concrete pavement rehabilitation, restriping and bridge rehabilitation at multiple locations throughout the project corridor. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and activity.
- The nights of September 11-20, crews will remove and replace asphalt on the southbound lanes between 2600 South and I-215.
- The nights of September 11-20, crews will be completing concrete repair between Pages Lane and U.S. 89. Area residents can expect an increase in noise and construction activities.
- The night of September 20, crews will shift traffic on the northbound lanes between I-215 and Center Street. Be prepared for a new lane configuration.
- The nights of September 22-30, crews will remove and replace asphalt on the northbound lanes between I-215 and 2600 South.
- The night of Saturday, September 13, the southbound off-ramp to Center Street is scheduled to be closed from 10:00 p.m. to noon Sunday, September 14 for repaving and sign structure installation. Use 2600 South or I-215 to Redwood Road as alternate routes.
- The nights of September 18-26, noise wall panel installation is scheduled to begin between 400 North and Pages Lane. Wall installation will continue in October. Area residents can expect an increase in noise and construction activities at night during this work.
- The nights of September 19-20, expect single lane closures, flagging, and intermittent short-term delays on 500 South at night while crews continue bridge construction activities overhead.
- The nights of September 15-16, 1500 South is scheduled to be closed to traffic nightly while crews set girders overhead. Use 2600 South or 500 South as alternate routes.
- Through September 25, and again in early October, expect nightly single lane closures and flagging operations on 1500 South.
- Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
- Crews will continue bridge construction activities on the I-15 bridge over 1500 South through November. Crews are scheduled to work day and night to accomplish installation of the MSE (soil stabilization) walls under the bridge. Area residents can expect increased nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area. Motorists can expect continued traffic shifts on 1500 South near the bridge.
- Pile driving is anticipated to begin September 22 for approximately two weeks at 2600 South. This activity will occur during the day.
- Construction activities are in full effect at 2600 South under the bridge. A pedestrian walkway has been established for safety. Please follow signs and remain in the posted pedestrian walkway.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Crews continue bridge construction activities on 500 South and 1500 South, and 2600 South near I-15.
- Noise wall re-installation is ongoing in multiple locations throughout the project. Area residents can expect increased activities at night.
- Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′.
- Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.