The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
- Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m.
Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
- Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
• Between 10 p.m. and midnight Saturday night, May 2, crews will restripe and open the 2600 South southbound off-ramp at its new, permanent location. Motorists will experience a new curve in the off-ramp, a new signalized intersection, at 800 West and 2600 South. As they exit southbound I-15, motorists should be alert for this change and be prepared to stop in a new location. This design moves the ramp traffic further west, allowing room for more vehicle storage and better traffic flow through the interchange. Click here to see the new southbound off-ramp configuration.
• Also, from 10 p.m. Saturday, May 2, until 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 3, traffic on 2600 South will be restricted to one lane under I-15. While the northbound on-ramp will remain accessible to eastbound traffic, there will be no access to northbound I-15 from westbound 2600 South while crews pave under the bridge and shift traffic.
• The I-15 ramps at 2600 South will remain open during this work, but moderate delays are possible on the southbound off-ramp while crews shift traffic to the new location. Flaggers will be present to control traffic on 2600 South, and those motorists with time-sensitive travel should plan ahead and use alternate routes where possible.
• This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
• Median widening began this week on I-15 between Glovers Lane and State Street through May. Expect an increase in construction activity and truck traffic during the day and at night.
• The nights of May 7 and 8, motorists can expect rolling slow downs on I-15 with delays of 15-20 minutes near Parrish Lane from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. while crews set girders on the new pedestrian bridge over I-15.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
The 400 North Bridge has been removed and crews are beginning construction on the ground supports. 400 North will remain closed at I-15 until project completion this summer. The new bridge will have improved sidewalk, wider shoulders, and higher barrier. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
• During construction, the 400 North on- and off- ramps will remain open during the day. Expect intermittent nighttime ramp closures. Alternate Routes
• Expect additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-15 near 400 North for bridge construction beginning in mid-April.
• Area residents can expect additional nighttime noise through early May and then during the day through mid-May while crews install ground support piles.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
• Expect nightly lane closures on I-15 through summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Nightly through April, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on I-15 between Parrish Lane and I-215 from midnight to 3: a.m. while crews install overhead signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division. 801-965-4892
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
2600 South Area
• Work is underway in all areas of 2600 South near US-89 and 500 West, 1100 North near Overland Road, and on 800 West near the southbound off-ramp through project completion. The ramps will remain open during peak times. Expect additional construction activities and changing ramp lane configurations throughout the area.
• As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 2600 South Interchange in North Salt Lake/Bountiful. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays and Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel time. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. Frontrunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
• The City of North Salt Lake has begun realigning Overland Drive from 900 North to 1100 North this spring. The project is expected to complete in approximately two months, weather permitting. Overland Drive is scheduled to be closed daily from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday, April 6 – Friday, April 10. For more information contact 801-335-8730
• Bountiful Power and Comcast are currently performing utility work on 400 North, east of I-15.