The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
- Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges. These plans are draft versions and are subject to change.
- Lane Splits are in place on I-15 between 1500 South and 400 North. The splits will be extended to include the 2600 South interchange in mid-February 2015.
- The 400 North bridge over I-15 is scheduled to close for 90 days in March 2015. The on- and off-ramps will remain open. View the 400 N Detour map.
Upcoming Construction Activities
The I-15 Lane Split is extending to 2600 South beginning the night of January 31
The nights of January 31 and February 1, northbound I-15 is scheduled to be reduced to one lane while crews extend the current Lane Split through 2600 South. Southbound I-15 will be restricted at night the following weekend (February 7 and 8) while crews extend the southbound split.
* For southbound exits at 500 South and 2600 South, enter the right two lanes prior to 500 South (where the current southbound split begins).
* Through traffic should utilize the left two lanes to avoid ramp traffic.
The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph in the lane split zones. Drivers are encouraged to pay close attention to electronic message and exit signs and change lanes early enough to safely exit.
• Weeknights, January 26 through February 6, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on southbound I-15 between 2600 South and I-215 from midnight to 3:00 a.m. while crews install overhead signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
• The nights of January 31 and February 1, northbound I-15 is scheduled to be reduced to one lane while crews extend the current Lane Split to 2600 South. Southbound I-15 will be restricted at night the following weekend (February 7 and 8) while crews extend the southbound split.
• The nights of February 2 and 3, crews are scheduled to shift traffic to the south side of 500 South between 500 West and the railroad. Expect lane closures and flagging during this activity. Be prepared for a new roadway configuration and drive with caution.
• Expect additional changes to the traffic configuration on 500 South, east of I -15 in mid- February.
• As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, the I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 2600 South Interchange in North Salt Lake/Bountiful. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area. This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South Page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
• Expect nightly lane closures through spring. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Crews continue construction activities on/near 500 South. Utility relocations and roadway widening are ongoing on 500 South between the railroad tracks and 500 West and near the 500 South and 500 West intersection through January.
• Construction activities have increased on and near 2600 South, on both sides of I-15 between 800 West and U.S. 89. Activities include placement of material, ramp and wall construction and paving operations. Expect shoulder closures and lane restrictions. Area businesses and residents can expect an increase in noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
• Crews continue installing a waterline under I-15 near 400 North. Expect crews off the roadway near the interchange through February.
•Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division, 801-965-4892
• The clearance height of the I-15 bridge over 2600 South has been temporarily reduced to 13′ 7″ through Spring 2015. High loads should use I-215 to Redwood Road as an alternative route.
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Safety Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.