The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Spring 2015. Construction on 2600 South and 500 South is expected to continue through Summer 2015. The 400 North bridge over I-15 is scheduled to close for 90 days in late January/February 2015. Link to 400 North Detour map here 400 N Detour.
Upcoming Construction Activities
The northbound and southbound I-15 Lane Split
and get into the right lanes early if you plan to exit at 500 South or 400 North in Bountiful. Through traffic can stay left to avoid ramp congestion.
The lane splits have shifted two lanes of traffic to the inside, and two lanes to the outside of the interstate, creating a work zone in the center. Inside lanes will serve thru-traffic, while the outside lanes will serve the local exits. These lane splits are designed to minimize traffic delays by allowing crews to replace I-15 bridges without closing this important section of interstate highway, and are expected to remain in place through early February.
During this period, the speed limit is reduced to 55 mph in the lane split zones. Drivers are encouraged to pay close attention to electronic message and exit signs and change lanes early enough to safely exit.
There will be no work December 24-28 and December 31- January 1
in observance of the winter holidays.
- Expect nightly closures of the inside (left) lanes through spring. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with both lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
- The nights of Tuesday, January 6 and Wednesday, January 7, 500 South will be closed to east/west traffic at I-15 while crews place new bridge beams overhead.
- Area residents should expect an increase in noise, ight, vibration and construction activities during this work.
- Crews expect to shift traffic to the south side of 500 South east of I-15 in early January.
- Area motorists can expect a new traffic configuration in the area.
- Expect roadway widening and utility relocation to begin on the north side of the road.
- Utility relocations and roadway widening are ongoing on 500 South between the railroad tracks and 500 West and near the 500 South and 500 West intersection through mid-January.
- The nights of Monday, December 29 and Tuesday, December 30, 1500 South will be closed to east/west traffic at I-15 while crews set new bridge beams overhead.
- Area residents should expect an increase in noise, light, vibration and construction activities during this work.
- Crews are scheduled to begin work on the north side of 2600 South between I-15 and US-89 as early as the first week of January. Activities include sidewalk removals, clearing of debris, etc. Expect an increase in construction vehicles and equipment.
- The clearance height of the I-15 bridge over 2600 South has been temporarily reduced to 13′ 7″ through Spring 2015. High loads should use I-215 to Redwood Road as an alternative route.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Crews continue construction activities on/near 500 South between I-15 and 400 West. Expect lane shifts, increased congestion and construction vehicles. Please stay alert.
- Construction activities have increased on and near 2600 South, on both sides of I-15 between 800 West and U.S. 89. Activities include placement of material, ramp and wall construction and paving operations. Expect shoulder closures and lane restrictions. Area businesses and residents can expect an increase in noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
- Crews continue installing a waterline under I-15 near 400 North. Expect crews off the roadway near the interchange through early January.
Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′.
Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
North Salt Lake 1100 North Reconstruction Project (Redwood Road – 110 East)
• Construction continues on this project.
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.