W.W. Clyde Co. has been selected as the Design-Build team. Design and construction are currently underway.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
Upcoming Construction Activities
There will be no impacts to traffic from 3:00 p.m. Friday, September 29 until5:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 2 in observance of Labor Day.
- Expect multiple lane closures on I-15 at night in both directions through September. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with I-15 restricted to one lane in each direction by midnight. These lane closures will be implemented to allow space for asphalt removal and replacement, concrete pavement rehabilitation, and bridge rehabilitation at multiple locations throughout the project corridor. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and activity.
- Noise wall re-installation is ongoing in multiple locations throughout the project. Area residents can expect increased activities at night.
- Expect single lane closures, flagging, and intermittent short-term delays on 500 South at night tonight, Thursday, August 28, and again between approximately Sept. 2 and Sept. 10 while crews continue bridge construction activities overhead.
- Waterline work on 500 South will resume at night in late September, once Bountiful City has completed tie-in work on the east side. This will reduce the need for service interruptions when putting the new line into service.
- 1500 South is scheduled to be closed to traffic at night, Monday Sept. 8 and Sept 15 while crews set girders overhead. Use 2600 South or 500 South as alternate routes. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
- Expect single lane closures, flagging, and intermittent short-term delays on 1500 South at night between Sept. 10 and Sept. 20 while crews continue bridge construction activities overhead.
- Crews continue bridge construction activities on the I-15 bridge over 1500 South through early September. Crews are scheduled to work around the clock, including over night, to accomplish the installation of the MSE (soil stabilization) walls under the bridge. Surrounding residents can expect increased nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area. Motorists can expect continued traffic shifts on 1500 South near the bridge.
- The night of September 6, crews will shift traffic to the south on 2600 South under the bridge to provide pedestrian access. Please follow posted pedestrian detour routes.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Crews continue to rehabilitate the I-15 bridges over Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake. Area residents may experience an increase in light, noise, and vehicle activity associated with this work.
- Crews continue construction activities on 500 South near I-15 including soil stabilization efforts for the new bridge.
- Water line relocation on 500 South continues through late August. Expect lane closures and additional construction activity at night. 500 South water line work will be suspended during the 2600 South bridge demolition on August 8 & 9 to avoid conflicting with the demolition detour.
- Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′
- Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.