As part of a proactive effort to address the immediate and long-term traffic needs on Bangerter Highway, UDOT will construct improvements at the intersection of Bangerter Highway and Redwood Road. The project will include a grade-separated interchange similar to the interchange of 7800 South and Bangerter Highway.
The community surrounding Bangerter and Redwood Road continues to grow at an accelerated pace and these improvements are part of a long-range plan that will accommodate immediate and long-term traffic demands as well as increase mobility. In addition, the grade-separated interchange will improve safety for those commuting through the area by reducing conflict points. Construction began in June 2014 and is expected to be complete in spring 2015. UDOT is committed to complete the project with as little inconvenience to the public as possible.
NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN THROUGH SPRING 2015
A map of the new temporary road is available for download.
Crews have closed some turning lanes at the Bangerter Highway and Redwood Road intersection and shifted some turn movements to a new temporary road. This temporary traffic switch will keep cars moving with fewer delays until project completion in spring 2015.
Here’s what drivers need to know to adjust their travel routes:
- Most turn movements are relocated to the temporary road between Redwood Road and east Bangerter Highway, including:
o The left turn from westbound Bangerter to southbound Redwood Road
o The right turn from northbound Redwood Road to eastbound Bangerter
o The left turn from southbound Redwood Road to eastbound Bangerter
- New temporary road opened at the southeast quadrant at 13920 South; temporary traffic signals are in place and will provide an east-west connection for drivers between Redwood Road and Bangerter Highway. All turn movements described above will utilize the new temporary road.
- Through traffic on Bangerter & Redwood Road and the turn movement for northbound Redwood Road to westbound Bangerter Highway will remain open.
- Turn movements closed from eastbound Bangerter Highway to northbound Redwood Road.
- Motorists will be required to access the new temporary road in the southeast quadrant to travel to and from Redwood Road northbound
- Turn movement for westbound Bangerter Highway to northbound Redwood Road will remain open