Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project— Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
Upcoming Construction Activities
Major I-15 construction for The Point project will begin March 1, 2015. Preliminary work outside of I-15 mainline is ongoing at the 14600 South interchange and along the Frontage Roads to I-15.
Freeway Construction Begins March 1
- Beginning during overnight hours on March 1 and continuing nightly through March, crews will place barrier and restripe the freeway between Bangerter Highway and S.R. 92.
- Crews will begin work on the East Jordan Canal, which crosses under I-15 between Bangerter Highway and the 14600 South interchange.
- During these operations, work hours will be from 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. during which time I-15 will be restricted to two lanes generally and one lane from midnight to 4:30 a.m.
- During daytime hours, four travel lanes will be maintained in each direction, but climbing lanes and designated exit lanes will be closed during construction.
- The Express Lanes will also be open to all motorists until freeway construction is complete (details below).
14600 South Interchange
- Work continues at the 14600 South interchange to relocate utilities and construct a temporary, widened bridge to accommodate freeway widening work.
- Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane closures at night.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from Bangerter Highway to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities in preparation for I-15 expansion.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South will become general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.