Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project—Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- August 27–29, crews will finish placing deck panels on the surface of the southbound bridge. Drivers should expect one-way traffic overnight with flaggers on 14600 South under the bridge.
- Work is planned for the following times:
- Thursday, Aug. 27, 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 28, 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 29, 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- On August 29 starting at 11 p.m., crews will close one lane on the southbound off-ramp to work on ramp repairs. Motorists will still be able to exit at the interchange and head east or west.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 2, crews plan to shift southbound I-15 out of the lane split between 14600 South and S.R. 92. The left two lanes will be shifted onto new concrete pavement for the first time.
- The southbound lane split from Bangerter Highway to 14600 South will remain in place. Drivers should stay right to exit at 14600 South.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Nightly single-lane closures on I-15 start at 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Expect frequent nighttime triple-lane closures on I-15 throughout September. Crews may reduce I-15 to a single lane in each direction starting at 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at midnight Friday and Saturday.
- Work continues at the interchange to relocate utilities and construct the new southbound bridge.
- Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane restrictions at night.
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through Fall 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South are now general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Please be aware that the speed limit in the construction zone is 55 mph. For the duration of the project, UHP will be monitoring the construction zone and enforcing the speed limit. Use caution in the corridor, as the shoulders are narrow. Safety pullouts are available every half-mile in the project corridor.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.