Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project— Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Crews will be closing Highland Drive from Minutemen to 65 East while they work on multiple utility lines. Work is scheduled to take place April 27-29 from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. each night. Please refer to the map for alternative routes.
- The new temporary traffic signal at Pony Express and 14600 South is scheduled to be operational April 25. The intersection will function as it has been until that date.
- On April 29, the far-right lane of northbound I-15 will become an exit-only lane at S.R. 92. The northbound on-ramp from S.R. 92 will then join I-15 as its own lane, eliminating the need for the lanes to merge. This change will improve the function of the S.R. 92 to I-15 interchange during construction. This work is weather dependent and could be rescheduled.
- Crews are tentatively scheduled to close the southbound exit only lane between 12300 South to Bangerter Highway from 11:00 p.m. Saturday April 25 until 12 p.m. Sunday April 26 while crews install a drainage crossing on the southbound off-ramp to Bangerter Highway. Motorists will still be able to exit at Bangerter Highway but should expect some congestion and possible delays at the ramp.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Nightly single and double lane closures will continue through April. Crews will place barrier and restripe I-15 between Bangerter Highway and S.R. 92. Crews are working on the East Jordan Canal, which crosses under I-15 between Bangerter Highway and the 14600 South interchange.
- General work hours are from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Lane restrictions are allowed from 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. I-15 will regularly be restricted to two lanes beginning at 10 p.m. and to one lane at 11 p.m.
- Work continues at the interchange to relocate utilities and construct the new northbound bridge.
- Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane restrictions at night.
- There will be nightly lane and shoulder closures on Bangerter on and off ramps through April, but the ramps will remain open to traffic.
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South are now general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Please be aware that the speed limit in the construction zone is 55 mph. For the duration of the project, UHP will be monitoring the construction zone and enforcing the speed limit. Use caution in the corridor, as the shoulders are narrow. Safety pullouts are available every half-mile in the project corridor.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.