The Point Project—Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
Memorial Day Weekend
- In order to allow for increased holiday traffic, all work will be suspended from noon on Friday, May 27, to 10 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31. Please drive safely and obey the posted speed limit within the work zone.
12300 South to Bangerter Highway
- This past week crews shifted trafficonto new pavement. Motorists should continue to obey posted speeds.
- Area residents should expect some night noise through June while crews excavate and rebuild the northbound and southbound lanes and perform ramp work on I-15.
S.R. 92 On- and Off-Ramps
- Crews will resume working on the northbound on-ramp and the southbound off-ramp at S.R. 92 as early as May 31. There will be lane closures on the ramps at night, but the ramps will remain open.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Expect frequent nighttime triple-lane closures on I-15 through fall 2016. Crews may reduce I-15 to a single lane in each direction starting at 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
14600 South Interchange
- Expect ongoing traffic shifts on 14600 South under I-15 and on the associated Frontage Roads near the interchange while crews work to complete drainage and roadway construction.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from 12300 South to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through fall 2016.