Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project— Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
Upcoming Construction Activities
Major I-15 construction for The Point project is now underway, including work on I-15 between Draper and Lehi, the14600 South interchange and along the Frontage Roads to I-15.
- Nightly single and double lane closures will continue through March. Crews will place barrier and restripe I-15 between Bangerter Highway and S.R. 92. Crews will begin work on the East Jordan Canal, which crosses under I-15 between Bangerter Highway and the 14600 South interchange.
- General work hours will are from 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. I-15 will regularly be restricted to two lanes beginning at 10 p.m. generally and to one lane at midnight.
- During daytime hours, four travel lanes will be maintained in each direction throughout most of the project, but climbing lanes and designated exit lanes will be closed during construction.
- The Express Lanes are now open to all motorists until freeway construction is complete (details below).
14600 South Interchange
- Crews are currently scheduled to remove the existing northbound I-15 bridge over 14600 South March 14 from 5 p.m. - 9 a.m. and March 15 from 2 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. During this work, motorists will not be able to travel east or west under I-15; however, northbound and southbound ramps will remain open. Refer to the map for detour routes.
- Work continues at the 14600 South interchange to relocate utilities. Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane closures at night.
Bangerter On Ramps
- Nightly lane and shoulder closers on Bangerter on and off ramps March 15-22 to improve ramp function.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from Bangerter Highway to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South will become general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.