Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project— Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
Upcoming Construction Activities
Major I-15 construction for The Point project is now underway, including work on I-15 between Draper and Lehi, the14600 South interchange and along the Frontage Roads to I-15.
- Use extra caution and watch for several new lanes shifts on I-15 from Bangerter Highway to S.R. 92 starting March 30 to April 10.
- Nightly single and double lane closures will continue through April. Crews will place barrier and restripe I-15 between Bangerter Highway and S.R. 92. Crews are working on the East Jordan Canal, which crosses under I-15 between Bangerter Highway and the 14600 South interchange.
- General work hours are from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Lane restrictions are allowed from 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. I-15 will regularly be restricted to two lanes beginning at 10 p.m. and to one lane at midnight.
- During daytime hours, four travel lanes will be maintained in each direction throughout most of the project, but climbing lanes and designated exit lanes will be closed during construction.
- The Express Lanes are now open to all motorists until freeway construction is complete (details below).
14600 South Interchange
- Crews will be driving bridge piles at 14600 South during the day March 30-April 4. Residents in the area should be aware that this is very loud work, but is expected to conclude each day by 6 p.m.
- Work continues at the interchange to relocate utilities and construct the new northbound bridge.
- Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane restrictions at night.
Bangerter On Ramps
- There will be nightly lane and shoulder closures on Bangerter on and off ramps March 30-April 3, but the ramps will remain open to traffic.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from Bangerter Highway to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South are now general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Please be aware that the speed limit in the construction zone is 55 mph. For the duration of the project, UHP will be monitoring the construction zone and enforcing the speed limit. Use caution in the corridor, as the shoulders are narrow. Safety pullouts are available every half-mile in the project corridor.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.