The Point Project—Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
12300 South to Bangerter Highway
- Crews plan to install high mast lighting the nights of August 24 and 25. Motorists should expect inside lane closures while crews work in the area.
- The night of August 31, crews are scheduled to shift the southbound lanes between 12300 South and Bangerter Highway to their final configuration, including a realignment of the southbound Bangerter off-ramp.
- Southbound I-15 will be reduced to one lane in this area.
- All HOV lanes will are scheduled to open in advance of the Labor Day holiday. This activity is dry weather dependent.
14600 South Interchange
- Crews continue permanent striping at the 14600 South Interchange, which should be completed by the morning of August 27.
- Expect daily nighttime lane closures while crews stripe the roadway.
Bangerter 600 West Project
- This weekend—August 26-28, crews will be adding a protective surface to the bridge deck on Bangerter over I-15. This maintenance will extend the life of the bridge deck.
- The bridge deck will be fully closed while crews are working. There will be no through traffic on the bridge and only right hand turn movements allowed with the I-15 on and off-ramps. Work will take place between Friday at 11 p.m. and Saturday at 7 a.m., Saturday at 11 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. Detours will be in place.
- For more information on any of these items contact the Bangerter 600 West project
- Web: www.udot.utah.gov/bangerter600west/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 801-649-5476
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Expect frequent nighttime triple-lane closures on I-15 through fall 2016. Crews may reduce I-15 to a single lane in each direction starting at 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 11 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- Nighttime work is occurring on I-15 from 12300 South to Bangerter Highway as crews add new lanes. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity during this work including increased light, vibration, and vehicle/equipment activity at night.
- Daytime and nighttime striping is underway throughout the project. Expect daily, daytime inside-lane closures while crews stipe the lines for the HOV lanes.
14600 South Interchange
- Expect ongoing traffic shifts on 14600 South under I-15 and on the associated Frontage Roads near the interchange while crews work to complete roadway construction.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from 12300 South to S.R. 92
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through fall 2016.