The Point Project—Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
Pioneer Day Weekend
- In observance of the state holiday, work will be suspended at noon on Friday, July 22, through 10 p.m. on Tuesday, July 26. Please drive safely and obey the posted speed limit within the work zone.
Bangerter Highway On- and Off-Ramps
- As soon as July 28 and 29 crews plan to place pavement on the Bangerter northbound off-ramp. Expect nighttime single lane closures in this area.
- In an effort to keep traffic moving, the Express/HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane will be opened intermittently throughout the project in the coming weeks. As it was prior to the project, the HOV lane is reserved for vehicles with two or more occupants or those with an ExpressPass.
Pony Express Road
- The nights of July 21, 26 and 27, crews are scheduled to pave Pony Express just north of Bangerter Highway. Expect single lane flagging in the area until 10 a.m. Friday, July 22. Plan ahead to avoid delays.
- Daytime and nighttime striping is underway throughout the project. Expect daily, daytime inside-lane closures while crews stipe the lines for the HOV lanes.
- The night of July 28 crews plan to shift 14600 South lanes to their final configuration. Motorists should expect a new traffic configuration on Friday morning representing a major milestone on the project.
- The weekend of July 29 and the weekend of August 5, crews plan to restrict southbound I-15 to one lane near the 14600 South bridge while they place a sealant, which is meant to increase the longevity of the bridge. Plan ahead to avoid delays.
- Lane closures will begin at 8:00 p.m. and all lanes will reopen by 10:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. All lanes will reopen by 5:00 a.m. Monday morning.
Bangerter 600 West Project
- This weekend—July 29 - August 1, crews will be doing concrete rehabilitation on the I-15 northbound to eastbound Bangerter off-ramp. Work will take place between Friday at 11 p.m. and Monday morning at 6 a.m. No right turns will be allowed at the off-ramp during this time and work will take place around the clock.
- Motorists may use the 12300 South or 14600 South exits in order to make the right turn and head eastbound. Northbound I-15 to westbound Bangerter will still be accessible. The new concrete requires time to cure. Due to this, crews will not always be working during the closure. This cure time is necessary and plays an important role in the strength and durability of the concrete.
- For more information on any of these items contact the Bangerter 600 West project
- Web: www.udot.utah.gov/bangerter600west/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 801-649-5476
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Expect frequent nighttime triple-lane closures on I-15 through fall 2016. Crews may reduce I-15 to a single lane in each direction starting at 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 11 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- Nighttime work is occurring on I-15 from 12300 South to Bangerter Highway as crews add new lanes. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity during this work including increased light, vibration, and vehicle/equipment activity at night.
14600 South Interchange
- Expect ongoing traffic shifts on 14600 South under I-15 and on the associated Frontage Roads near the interchange while crews work to complete roadway construction.
- Nightly lane closures while crews pave the 14600 South interchange.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from 12300 South to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through fall 2016.