Traffic Pattern Changes
The Point Project— Improving I-15 from Lehi to Draper
NEW / UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Crews are planning to perform maintenance work on the Bangerter Highway interchange bridge May 31 – June 3 from 9 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. each night. There will be limited lane closures on Bangerter and the on- and off-ramps, but all directions will remain open.
- Crews are tentatively scheduled to close the southbound exit-only lane between 12300 South and Bangerter Highway from 11:00 p.m. Saturday, May 30 until 12 p.m. Sunday, May 31 while crews install a drainage crossing on the southbound off-ramp to Bangerter Highway. Motorists will still be able to exit at Bangerter Highway but should expect some congestion and possible delays at the ramp. This work was delayed from its previously scheduled date due to rain.
- Crews will be pouring the new northbound bridge deck at 14600 South the first week in June. This work is expected to take one night, and motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths on 14600 South.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- To accommodate widening activities, the far-right lane of northbound I-15 is now an exit-only lane at S.R. 92. The northbound on-ramp from S.R. 92 joins I-15 as its own lane, eliminating the need for the lanes to merge. If heading northbound on I-15, stay in the left lanes unless you plan to exit. This change will improve the function of the S.R. 92 to I-15 interchange during construction in this area. Motorists may experience up to 15 minutes of delay until completion of this work.
- Nightly single and double lane closures will continue through June. General work hours are from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Lane restrictions are allowed from 9 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. on most weekdays. I-15 will regularly be restricted to two lanes beginning at 10 p.m. and to one lane at 11 p.m.
- Work continues at the interchange to relocate utilities and construct the new northbound bridge.
- Motorists can expect intermittent flagging operations and reduced lane widths in this area during the day and lane restrictions at night.
- There will be nightly lane and shoulder closures on Bangerter on and off ramps through June, but the ramps will remain open to traffic.
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South are now general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Please be aware that the speed limit in the construction zone is 55 mph. For the duration of the project, UHP will be monitoring the construction zone and enforcing the speed limit. Use caution in the corridor, as the shoulders are narrow. Safety pullouts are available every half-mile in the project corridor.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.