Construction on 300 South in Provo (US-89) is nearing completion. The road is expected to reopen to traffic before Christmas and final project activities outside the roadway are expected to complete in early 2017.
Project improvements include:
- reconstructing 300 South
- adding storm drain, curb, gutter, and sidewalks
- reconstructing most driveway accesses to fit the new drainage system
- adding a new signalized intersection at 400 East
- improving north/south bicycle and pedestrian access at 200 East with a new crossing
- adding a pedestrian/bicycle path
- improved lighting
- new parkstrip and landscaping
December 13-21, 2016 Update:
Final signal work is occuring through this week.
- Expect single lane closures during off-peak hours at University Avenue while crews finish signal work this week.
All sidewalk, curb and gutter has been poured and is curing through next week.
- Driveway access will be reopened as soon as the concrete is cured, early next week.
Street light power is expected to be functional by Thursday, December 15.
Pavement smoothness grinding is anticipated to occur at night before the end of December. This activity is dry weather dependent and an additional notice will be provided when schedules are confirmed.
Final Project Activities in Spring 2017:
Remaining project activities requiring warmer temperatures will occur in April or May 2017. Those activities include tree and shrub planting and sod installation; final asphalt tie-ins at Allen's; final asphalt treatment on State Street; final street marking symbol installation and roadway striping. We will send a project update when spring schedules are confirmed.
Celebrate 300 South!
Check out the new bike lanes, multi-use path, AND Provo's first bicycle / ped signalized intersection.
Be sure to join us this Thursday, December 15th from 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. at 185 E. 300 S as the bicycling community and the Measer Neighborhood, Provo City, and UDOT celebrate the completion of the 300 South Project.
This project means on-road bike lanes, an off-road multi-use path, AND Provo's first bicycle-friendly intersection that is the first step in transforming 200 East into a Neighborhood Greenway/Bicycle Blvd from 600 South to 800 North.
Please join us for hot chocolate, treats, and a ribbon-cutting off the mid-street bike signal and crossing.
Area businesses are open. Support local! Use 200 South to access area businesses. To access Allen's on 655 East use 400 South or 200 South to 600 East.