|FA-2076 / Start Milepost: 4.532 - End Milepost: 5.771|
In 2018, Salt Lake City began to replace and rehabilitate aging underground utility lines to improve water and sewer services as part of a two-year effort to reconstruct 1300 East, from 1300 South to 2100 South. This reconstruction project also includes:
- Replacement of obsolete and decaying drive approaches and sidewalk segments
- Replacement of the pavement, curb, and gutter
- Upgrades to storm drains
- New ADA compliant bus stops
- Adding a dedicated center lane to allow left turns
- New bike lanes in both directions
- A consistent street design to match northern cross section
The project will improve access, mobility, and drainage along this important city thoroughfare, and residents will enjoy more resilient utility services once it is completed in the fall of 2020.
|*Actual Advertised Date - March 2019|
|*Actual Construction Start Date - May 2019|
|* Contracted Construction End Date - December 2019|
*Adjusted Construction End Date - October 2020
Crews encountered several delays during Phase 1 of the 1300 East reconstruction project in 2019, including:
- Inclement weather, in May and June 2019, generated soft sub-grade that prevented the contractor from starting as early as desired and slowed overall production.
- Upon starting excavation in Phase 1, 2100 South to 1700 South, a communication duct bank was found to be shallower than anticipated. Multiple fiber optic lines had to be relocated in advance of the roadway construction to avoid disruptions to internet service, phones, and traffic signal interconnection.
- Installation of new drainage improvements had been delayed be unforeseen third-party utility conflicts. Precautions had to be taken to keep sewer service active along the corridor during drainage installation.
As a result of these delays, Phase 1 concluded in mid-November and construction work was then suspended for the winter. Phase 2 began May 18, 2020, and will include the section between 1700 South and 1300 South.
Stay informed and sign up for updates by emailing us with the word “Updates” in the subject line. You may also follow us on social media to see posts about our progress using the #1300EastSLC hashtag.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to our project team using the information below:
Email: email@example.com | Hotline: 801-483-6898