Project Purpose and Need
• The Utah Department of Transportation, in coordination with Clearfield City, has initiated a roadway improvement project to address increasing traffic demands and declining levels of service at the I-15/650 North Interchange in Clearfield.
• Planned improvements are intended to improve traffic flow and reduce accident potential on the freeway ramps, 650 North, and the 650 North/Main Street (SR-126) intersection.
• Project objectives are to optimize available transportation funds to improve the safety and operational efficiency of the interchange through the design year of 2025, while keeping improvements primarily within the footprint of existing state right of way.
• Add a new dedicated left-turn lane for traffic exiting the Hill Air Force Base West Gate via westbound 650 North to the southbound I-15 on-ramp.
• Restripe 650 North/Main Street intersection to include dual right-turn lanes from westbound 650 North to northbound Main Street and dual left turn lanes from southbound Main Street to the I-15 on-ramps.
• Provide access management measures along Main Street.
Tentative Work Schedule
The following are planned construction activities. Please note that due to weather conditions, emergency situations or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
• January 30 - Early April (daytime work): Phase One - Construction will begin on the dedicated left-turn lane under I-15.
• Early April - Late July (night-time work): Phase Two - Rotomill, pave, surface seal 650 North and Main Street areas, place pavement markings and messages, install roadway signs, etc. More information will be available on the phase two schedule as we approach early April.