The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is resurfacing S.R. 106 (400 North) in Bountiful from 800 West to Main Street to increase the life of the roadway.
This project is reconstructing the roadway in concrete for a longer pavement life and less future maintenance. Additionally, the project is:
- Adding new curb, gutter and some sidewalk and driveway approaches from 500 West to Main Street.
- Adding radar detection at the 400 North/200 West intersection to improve traffic flow.
BUSINESSES ARE OPEN DURING CONSTRUCTION!!! Don't forget to support local businesses on 400 North.
Construction Update January 10, 2017:
Please Note: All paving activities are subject to change due to weather, material, equipment, or utility delays. Crews will work every day the weather is above freezing and not actively raining or snowing.
Overall Project Update:
Concrete paving remains near the intersections of Main Street, 100 West, 200 West, 500 West, and the area in front of FiiZ Drinks. Crews are working to pave these remaining sections and switch traffic this month as weather permits.
The project team is using ground heaters, plastic sheeting, and other techniques to manage quality in cold temperatures. All paving is being tested to ensure standards are maintained.
- 500 West - Crews are scheduled to pave the area west of 500 West through Friday, January 13.
- 200 West - This week, crews anticipate re-striping this area to begin work on the southeast quadrant.
- Main Street - Crews will continue to work in this area and pave when possible through January.
Snow Plowing on 400 North:
The project team is working with Bountiful City, West Bountiful City, and UDOT to maintain plowing services along 400 North after every snow storm. For those residents that experience issues getting in/out of their properties, please contact the project hotline at 888-556-0232.
Project Contact Information:
This project has a dedicated public information team to work with area residents, businesses and stakeholders. Please feel free to contact us about this project. We are here to help! Contact us by emailing 400North@utah.gov or calling the project hotline at 888-556-0232, ext. 2.