Internal Audit Division
The Internal Audit Division is responsible for making sure UDOT manages its resources appropriately. They act as an independent voice providing accountability for taxpayers. The eight employees that make up the Internal Audit team commonly look in to:
- fraud, waste or misuse of public funds, property or manpower
- violations of a law, rule or regulation
- gross mismanagement of assets or resources
- abuse of authority
- inappropriate or unethical conduct
Additional Information and Resources
- 2022 Performance Audit Plan (91KB PDF File)
- UDOT Guidance for Consultant Firms regarding Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness (210KB PDF File)
To be successful in this responsibility Internal Audit needs the help of employees and business partners to identify any questionable or inappropriate activity.
Please use the resources below to contact Internal Audit if you are aware of anything they should investigate. You can choose to remain anonymous when you submit a concern or provide your name and phone number for follow-up. If you choose to share your identity with the audit team, it is considered confidential and protected information under the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA).
Anonymous Internal Audit Hotline: 801-965-4012
Please only use the number above to report questionable or inappropriate activity.
General Inquiries: 801-965-4000
Questions and comments not related to fraud or other inappropriate activity should be submitted to UDOT using the general inquiry number above or any of the tools available on the Contact UDOT webapge.
Director of Internal Audit