The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is designing improvements to State Route (SR) 30, from SR-23 to 10th West (SR-252). These improvements will address traffic congestion, improve safety, and provide pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
What does the project include?
Design on the SR-30 project will refine the design presented in the Environmental Impact Statement, including:
- Additional Lanes to improve traffic flow
- Concrete Barrier to eliminate the possibility of cross-over related crashes and fatalities that may occur due to fog and other conditions that can affect visibility
- Bike Undercrossing installed near SR-23 beneath SR-30 to allow cyclists to cross SR-30 safely without interrupting traffic flow
- New Recreational Trail
- A separated 12-foot multi-use path for bicycles and pedestrians will be located on the south side of SR-30, providing access to recreational areas from SR-23 to 1900 West.
- From 1900 West to 1000 West (SR-252) a 10-foot multi-use path will be on the south side of SR-30, with a sidewalk on the north side of the roadway.
- Safety Improvements to SR-30 and SR-23 Intersection
- Advanced Warning System known as a Rural Intersection Crossing Warning System (RICWS)
- Flashing stop signs on both sides of the SR-23 and SR-30 intersection
- Street lighting along corridor
- Channelized right turns onto SR-30, which allows for a shorter crossing distance if travelling north/south
*For a graphic of this design, please see the Downloads tab at the top of the page
When does construction begin?
- With design almost complete, UDOT anticipates the project will be advertised for a contractor in fall 2021, with construction expected to begin spring 2022 and last for approximately 2-3 years.
How do I get more information?
- The project team will send regular email updates throughout design and construction. Please send an email to email@example.com to sign up for updates
SR-30 Wetland Mitigation Site Work beginning August 23
UDOT will begin work in late August 2021 on a wetland mitigation project located north of the Logan River betwee n 1000 West and 600 West (Par k Avenue), just west o f the Logan River Golf Course. The project site The SR-30 project will impact approximately 12 acres of wetlands and 6 acres of open water, requiring UDOT to complete compensatory mitigation. This property, which previously served as a grazing pasture for many years, was sold to UDOT as a wetland migration site for the SR-30 project.
Tree removal will occur in late August through November, with construction grading in fall 2022. For a time, the site will look like it is being developed, but it will be replanted with native wetland vegetation and riparian trees and shrubs. Minimal traffic impacts are anticipated during construction.
The wetland mitigation plan requires the site to be monitored for a minimum of 5 years until wetland vegetation becomes fully established.
More information is available here or visit: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/8eb4ab0a58714517bf86781285599e01