UDOT is constructing improvements to US-89 (500 West) in Provo City between 500 South and Bulldog Boulevard. When completed, this project will upgrade aging infrastructure, provide better south-north connectivity and improve the traffic flow, enhance safety for both pedestrians and bikers, improve active transportation options, and improve drainage. Construction work will occur as follows:
Bulldog Boulevard to 800 North
On-street bicycle lanes will be added from 800 North to Bulldog Boulevard to connect to protected bicycle lanes planned for that corridor.
800 North to 300 South
The project will fully reconstruct the roadway between 800 North and 300 South, including:
- Replacing failing asphalt with concrete pavement
- Adding on-street bicycle lanes in each direction
- Upgrading utilities, including sewer
- Improving drainage with a new storm drain system and curb and gutter
- Widening sidewalks, including installing a 10-foot multi-use path
- Installing raised, planted medians between blocks
- Improving pedestrian crosswalks in several locations
- Installing a pedestrian/bicycle friendly intersection at 300 North (similiar to the 200 East intersection on 300 South)
300 South to 500 South
New storm drain will be extended from 300 South to 500 South.