Lake Powell Ferry Crossing
State Route 276 runs through the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and crosses Lake Powell via the Charles Hall Ferry. Travel time over the water takes approximately 25 minutes. This does not include loading, unloading, and travel times on roads within the park. The ferry’s southern port is at Hall’s Crossing and the northern port is at Bullfrog.
For latest road status and conditions please visit the UDOT Traffic Webpage
- From Halls Crossing to Bullfrog via State Route 95 is a distance of 146 miles.
- Bullfrog to State Route 95 is a distance of 40 miles.
- Halls Crossing to State Route 95 is a distance of 48 miles.
The Charles Hall Ferry is capable of carrying cars, trucks, RVs and trailers. The ferry fare depends on the size of the vehicle. National Park gate entrance fees are not required if you are only entering to ride the ferry.
- $10.00 Pedestrians and Bicyclists (Age 5 and under ride free.)
- $15.00 Motorcycles
- $25.00 Vehicles (Includes driver and passengers.)
- Any vehicle over 20 feet will be charged $1.50 per foot for the entire length of the vehicle.
Payment can now be made with Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa and cash.
February 18th until further notice:
Thu, Fri, Sat: Departs Halls: 8 am, 10 am, Noon, 2 pm
Thu, Fri, Sat: Departs Bullfrog: 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm
The ferry does not operate on maintenance days or if water levels in the lake drop below 3575 feet in elevation.
Phone Information Line: 435-893-4747