Lake Powell Ferry Crossing
The Charles Hall Ferry, which provides vehicle and pedestrian traffic services across Lake Powell between Bullfrog and Halls Crossing, is back in seasonal operation. However, additional maintenance service on the ferry is scheduled on Monday August 10th and Tuesday August the 11th and the ferry will not be operating August 10th and 11th.
- From Halls Crossing to Bullfrog via State Route 95 is a distance of 125 miles.
- Bullfrog to State Route 95 is a distance of 34 miles.
- Halls Crossing to State Route 95 is a distance of 34 miles.
For latest road status and conditions please visit the UDOT Traffic Webpage
State Route 276 runs through the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and crosses Lake Powell via the Charles Hall Ferry. Travel time over the water takes approximately 25 minutes. This does not include loading, unloading, and travel times on roads within the park. The ferry’s southern port is at Hall’s Crossing and the northern port is at Bullfrog.
The Charles Hall Ferry is capable of carrying cars, trucks, RVs and trailers. The ferry fare depends on the size of the vehicle. National Park gate entrance fees are not required if you are only entering to ride the ferry.
- $10.00 Pedestrians and Bicyclists (Age 5 and under ride free.)
- $15.00 Motorcycles
- $25.00 Vehicles (Includes driver and passengers.)
- Any vehicle over 20 feet will be charged $1.50 per foot for the entire length of the vehicle.
Payment can now be made with Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa and cash.
Departs Halls: 8 am, 10 am, Noon, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm
Departs Bullfrog: 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm
The ferry does not operate if water levels in the lake drop below 3575 feet in elevation.
Phone Information Line: 435-893-4747