Traffic Management Division
Welcome to the Traffic Management Division
The Traffic Management Division is a division within UDOT that consolidates the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Division and the Traffic Operations Center (TOC) into one technology-oriented division. The Traffic Management Division is responsible for planning, designing, installing, operating, and maintaining advanced ITS technologies to improve transportation mobility, safety, economic prosperity, and customer satisfaction.
Services provided by the Traffic Management Division (UDOT) include computer-controlled coordinated traffic signals, management of traffic incidents on state highways, operation of ramp meters on I-15, control of electronic variable message signs, operation of the state’s 511 traveler information telephone system, and the traffic website at www.udot.utah.gov/traffic. The Division is dedicated to providing outstanding transportation service through the use of advanced technology.
UDOT has a strong culture of innovation and recognizes the benefits of technology to safety and traffic management. UDOT Leadership, along with Lt. Governor Cox and some legislators have expressed a desire to become national leaders in the area of transportation technology. UDOT is actively evaluating and recommending legislation to ensure that we are ready now and competitive in the future.
To contact us by phone: 801-887-3710 Traffic Operations Center P.O. Box 148270 Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Traffic Management Division Org Charts
- Traffic Management Division Leadership Team (441 KB PDF File)
- Administration Group (435 KB PDF File)
- ITS Deployment & Maintenance Group (440 KB PDF File)
- Traffic Operations Group (436 KB PDF File)
- Control Room Operators (438 KB PDF File)
- Incident Management Team (440 KB PDF File)
- Weather Group (435 KB PDF File)
- Traffic Signal Operations Group (441 KB PDF File)
- Freeway Operations Group (438 KB PDF File)
- Transportation Technology Group (436 KB PDF File)