UDOT works with the legislature to provide data and information that help identify statewide transportation needs.
Meeting Presentations and Materials
May 2023 Transportation Interim Committee
- UDOT Transit Projects (2.7MB PDF File)
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Update (971KB PDF File)
January 2023 Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- FY24 Fleet and Budget Presentation (2.3MB PDF File)
October 2022 Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Performance Measures, Transit Plan and NEVI (2.4MB PDF File)
May 2022 Transportation Interim Committee
- May Update to Transportation Interim Committee Presentation (3MB PDF File)
January 2022 Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- FY23 Budget Presentation (7.3MB PDF File)
June 2021 Transportation Interim Committee
- Statewide Electric Vehicle Charging Network Plan Update (1.4MB PDF File)
- Road Usage Charge Program Expansion Scenarios (2.5MB PDF File)
May 2021 Transportation Interim Committee
- May 2021 Transportation Interim Committee Presentation (3MB PDF File)
January 2021 Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- FY22 Budget Presentation (1MB PDF File)
November 2020 Interim Committee Meeting
- UTA Transition to a State Entity Feasibility Study Presentation (282KB PDF File)
October 2020 Interim Committee Meeting
- Transportation Interim Committee Meeting Presentation (6MB PDF File)
September 2020 Interim Committee Meeting
- Transportation Interim Committee Meeting Presentation (4MB PDF File)
August 2020 Interim Committee Materials
June 2020 Transportation Interim Committee
- June 2020 Recent Trends with Road Usage (1MB PDF File)
January 2020 Infrastructure & General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- January 2020 Infrastructure & General Government Appropriations Subcommittee Presentation (5MB PDF File)
January 2019 Infrastructure & General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
Utah Trail Network
February 2022 Project Information
- TIF Projects Programmed in 2021 (PDF)
- TIF Current Prioritization List (PDF)
- TIF Projects Currently Programmed (Full List) (PDF)
- TTIF Current Transit Prioritization List (PDF)
- TTIF Current First Mile Last Mile Prioritization List (PDF)
- Active Transportation Projects Requested ($45m) (PDF)
- Active Transportation Projects Funded in 2021 ($35m) (PDF)
Road Usage Charge
Alternative Fuel Vehicle owners have an option to pay a road usage charge in lieu of their annual fee. UDOT is involved in the Road Usage Charge effort in order to Keep Utah Moving by exploring future funding mechanisms for building and maintaining our transportation system.
Innovation and Efficiencies
UDOT continually seeks to innovate and make the most of taxpayer dollars with new and improved technologies, equipment, infrastructure, work processes and more. Details about these innovations and efficiencies can be found on our Statewide Innovation Program webpage.
Travel on Utah’s highways continues to grow and managed lanes are one tool that may be used to address current and future demand. Examples of managed lanes include:
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lanes
- High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes
- Toll Roads
- Reversible Lanes
- Utah Managed Lanes Study Executive Summary (700KB PDF File)
- Utah Managed Lanes Study Final Report (21MB PDF File)
Tax Restructuring & Equalization Task Force
- PowerPoint Presentation (2MB PDF File)
- History of Current State Highway Revenue Sources (165KB PDF File)
- TIF Projects List (155KB XLSX File)
- DRAFT – Long-Term Transportation Needs (119KB PDF File)
Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
The STIP is a six-year plan of highway and transit projects and is UDOT’s official work plan for the development of projects.
Strategic Direction Including Funding Information
The Strategic Direction allows UDOT to report how we’re investing resources allocated by the state legislature. It is constantly updated to reflect what we’re doing to meet our mission to provide innovative transportation solutions that strengthen the economy and enhance quality of life.
Transportation Investment Fund & Planning
The available maps provide information about projects funded by the TIF, unfunded TIF priorities, details about the TIF prioritization process and highway and transit projects on the Unified Plan.
Utah's Transportation Vision - UVision
In the 2018 legislative session, lawmakers passed a transportation bill that addresses funding mechanisms and transportation oversight to continue integrated, long-term planning. S.B. 136 requires UDOT to develop statewide strategic initiatives across all modes of transportation.
Recognizing that Utah’s transportation system is owned, maintained and operated by many different entities, UDOT used a collaborative model to gather input to inform policy. UDOT convened a committee of various transportation stakeholders in order to develop a statewide vision for transportation.
The Stakeholder Committee reviewed goal statements from existing plans and documents in combination with the list of considerations named in bills, with special attention to considerations identified in S.B. 136, such as air quality, return on investment, sustainability and economy. The committee then formulated broad goals that function across modes and be scale-able to local, regional and statewide long-range transportation planning.
The vision, goals and initiatives will guide policy decisions and state investments in transportation. The strategic initiatives may be things that partnering agencies and stakeholder committee members already do as part of their respective missions.
Transportation Commission STIP Workshop Application
Each spring the Utah Transportation Commission meets in an all day workshop to discuss project recommendations for the draft Statewide Transportation Improvement Program.
Payment Zone Toll Schedule
The UDOT Express Lanes operates with a dynamic toll algorithm to allow the toll rate to remain low as long as there is available capacity in the Express Lanes. As more vehicles enter the Express Lanes, the toll is set to reflect the value of the available space in the lane. The download available below helps explain this algorithm.
- Payment Zone Toll Schedule (125KB PDF File)