2. Public


The Utah Department of Transportation keeps Utah moving by building and maintaining roads as well as looking to non-traditional solutions like walking, biking and transit to meet the demands of our changing and growing state.

Use the information below or from the menu on the right to learn more about UDOT, utilize the services we offer and to get involved.

Frequently Asked Questions from the Public

What do I do if my car breaks down on the freeway?

Having any kind of car trouble on the freeway can be a dangerous situation and is actually an emergency. For this reason motorists are advised to call 911 and to remain in their vehicle with their seat belts fastened. Dispatchers will send one of our Incident Management Team members or other emergency responders to help.

Where do I find current road condition information and UDOT cameras?

Road conditions can be accessed using the UDOT Traffic Website, udottraffic.utah.gov, or UDOT Traffic iPhone/Android App.

The website and app contain information about crashes, construction, weather and congestion as well as provide access to our network of cameras.

What roadwork is planned in my area?

Project information is available online as part of our Projects webpages. Construction impacts to travel can be found on the UDOT Traffic website and app.

How do I report a problem with a road?

For non-emergencies please submit a service request through the UDOT Click ‘n Fix application. The Click ‘n Fix application is available for iPhone and Android devices or on the Contact UDOT webpage. You can also reach us by phone Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 801-965-4000.

For items in traffic or situations posing a danger to travelers please contact law enforcement.

Where do I find bus, TRAX and FrontRunner information?

The Utah Transit Authority provides public transit along the Wasatch Front. You can visit their website www.rideuta.com to find schedules, maps, help planning your trip and contact information.

How do I renew or find information about my driver license?

The Driver License Division is part of the Department of Public Safety and you can find this type of information on their website dld.utah.gov.

Where do I find information about vehicle title and registration requirements?

Vehicle registration is handled by the Division of Motor Vehicles under the Utah State Tax Commission. You can information on their website dmv.utah.gov.

Where do I find information about oversize permits and ports of entry?

UDOT’s Motor Carrier Division can assist with these types of questions. You can find information online by visiting their webpages udot.utah.gov/go/motorcarriers

Is it possible for me to get a copy of the footage from a traffic camera?

UDOT doesn’t record footage from our traffic cameras. Their main function is to measure traffic and provide live images of current conditions.

Where can I find traffic statistics?

We provide traffic statistics on the Traffic Data webpage.

Where do I find information about UDOT's public hearings and meetings?

Information about UDOT hosted public meetings and hearings can be found on the Utah Public Notice website. We also provide information about these meetings on our Public Meetings webpage.

How do I report misuse of public funds or unethical behavior by UDOT employees and/or contractors?

The Internal Audit team looks into questionable or inappropriate activity on behalf of taxpayers. You can contact them on their hotline or online form.

How do I apply to work for UDOT?

UDOT has job openings various times throughout the year. These jobs include traditional office work, engineering, construction and maintenance work, mechanics, compliance monitoring and many others. We also offer jobs in various parts of the state. To view what jobs are currently open please visit statejobs.utah.gov

The most common questions we’re asked are listed above however if you have any further questions please let us know using the form below. Please be sure to include your email address if you would like to be contacted. You can also reach us at 801-965-4000.