Utilities and Railroads
Regional Utility Leaders and Coordinators work collaboratively with project teams and utility owners to identify potentially impacted utility facilities associated with UDOT’s highway projects. The regional Utility staff coordinates the necessary relocation of the utility facilities. The following resources are available to help understand and accomplish this effort.
Utility Coordination Manual of Instruction (PDF File)
Railroad Coordination Manual of Instruction (PDF File)
- Utility Administration Order Issue Resolution, Escalation & Documentation (2MB PDF File)
- R930-8 Administrative Order Flow Diagram (Design Build)(233KB PDF File)
- R930-8 Administrative Order Flow Diagram (Design Bid Build) (324KB PDF File)
- Deviation from Administrative Rule 930-7, Utility Accommodation Form
- Administrative Rule 930-7
- Administrative Rule 930-8
Utility Survey Requirements
Updated September 10, 2018
The Department now requires that all underground utility facilities be collected to survey grade accuracy and electronic as-built records delivered with each permit or project.
Below is a template to help as a resource for fields that may need to be collected. No all fields will be applicable to all utilities.
Once a collection is complete it shall be delivered to Corey Nelson and/or Paul Wheeler for uploading into the Utility Database.
If you have any questions please contact Corey Nelson or Paul Wheeler.
Corey Nelson, PE, PTOE
Statewide Railroad and Utilities Director
Technology Advancement Specialist
Link to Utilities & Railroads Training Page
For all of our contact information please visit Utilities .
Our Traffic & Safety Division oversees our railroad program and state safety oversight.