Utilities and Railroads
Regional Utility Leaders and Coordinators work collaboratively with project teams and utility owners to identify potentially impacted utility facilities associated with UDOT’s highway projects. The regional Utility staff coordinates the necessary relocation of the utility facilities. The following resources are available to help understand and accomplish this effort.
Utility Coordination Manual of Instruction (PDF File)
Railroad Coordination Manual of Instruction (PDF File)
- Utility Administration Order Issue Resolution, Escalation & Documentation (2MB PDF File)
- R930-8 Administrative Order Flow Diagram (Design Build)(233KB PDF File)
- R930-8 Administrative Order Flow Diagram (Design Bid Build) (324KB PDF File)
- Deviation from Administrative Rule 930-7, Utility Accommodation Form
- Administrative Rule 930-7
- Administrative Rule 930-8
Utility Survey Requirements
If you have any questions please contact Corey Nelson or Paul Wheeler. Corey Nelson, PE, PTOE
Statewide Railroad and Utilities Director
email@example.com Paul Wheeler
Technology Advancement Specialist
Link to Utilities & Railroads Training Page
For all of our contact information please visit Utilities .
Our Traffic & Safety Division oversees our railroad program and state safety oversight.